Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ubuntu 8.04 vs Mandriva Spring 2008

Hello again!

I recently installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my friend's computer and it went smoothly and works great. This morning, to test a sick Windows XP x64, I installed Mandriva Spring 2008. What a nightmare that was! It is not as intuitive a Linux distro as Ubuntu and it did NOT add my Windows install to the boot menu like Ubuntu did.

I should have used Ubuntu right from the start. Always go with what you know...


Salut encore!

J'ai récemment installé Ubuntu 8.04 sur l'ordi de mon ami et c'étais très facile et fonctionne très bien. Ce matin, j'ai installé Mandriva Spring 2008 sur un poste malade avec Windows XP x64. Un vrai chauchemar! C'est une distribution qui n'est pas aussi intuitive qu'Ubuntu et il n'a PAS ajouter mon Windows au menu de démarrage comme Ubuntu a fait.

J'aurais dû utiliser Ubuntu dès le départ. Utilisez toujours ce que vous connaissez...

No comments: