Thursday, January 22, 2009

The demise of the tech bookstore / La fin de la brairie techno

I was shocked to see yesterday morning that my favorite techno bookstore, Camelot, has closed down as of last Saturday. I guess the proliferation of online bookstores killed their business. I will say that online stores have great prices, but you can't preview the books or leaf through them. I was quite saddened. They had a great selection of programming and Autodesk books for sale.


J'étais très surpris hier matin de voir que ma librairie techno préféré, Camelot, a fermé ses portes samedi dernier. J'imagine que la multitude de magasins virtuels a tué leur marché. Les magasins virtuels ont de très bons prix, mais tu ne peux pas feuilleté le livre avant de l'acheter. J'avais un pincement au coeur. Ils avaient une bonne sélection de livres sur la programmation et sur les produits d'Autodesk.

No comments: