Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Lost Network Drives in Windows 8

I recently had a client with a strange issue. On a newly installed Windows 8 computer with AutoCAD 2013, he would lose various network drives where his support files were located (SHX, LIN files) after most bootups.

After setting up a sample network at home, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Here is my setup:
  • Client Computer: Windows 8 x64 with AutoCAD 2013 SP1.1 x64
  • Network Location 1: Windows 7 SP1 x64 (laptop)
  • Network Location 2: Windows 7 SP1 x64 (desktop)
  • Network Location 3: Lubuntu Linux x86 with Samba  (desktop)

I did not have a Windows Server 2008 R2 at home to use but with several computers and two different platforms (Windows and Linux), I was not able to reproduce the problem.

If anyone has seen this type of behavior, please let me know.

P.S. Good to be back.

No comments: