Thursday, September 04, 2008

Windows Vista SP1 & Windows XP SP3

I installed SP1 on my Vista computer last week. It took between 2 and 3 hours to install on a good modern computer. It did not fix the bugs that I wanted fixed. The system seems more sluggish and each time I boot the machine, the network card is deactivated until I reboot. Overall, pure crap!

SP3 on my 6.5 year old XP machine took between 2 and 3 hours and no ill effects were detected. I would recommend to anyone that if you are going to reinstall XP, go straight to SP3 because it will save you from downloading a HUGE amount of patches that are bundled in SP3.

As a comparison, I installed and patched Xubuntu 8.04.1 in a virtual machine in 20minutes last week. Can anyone say code bloat!


J'ai installé SP1 sur mon poste avec Vista la semaine dernière. L'opération a pris entre 2 et 3 heures sur un bon poste moderne. Plusieurs bogues que j'ai trouvé non pas été corrigés. Le poste est plus lent et après chaque démarrage, je dois redémarrer le poste pour réactiver ma carte réseau. En gros, de la shnout!!!

SP3 pour XP a pris entre 2 et 3 heures sur mon viuex poste datant de 2002. Il y avait aucun problème avec la procédure ou le résultat. Je reocmmande fortement que tout le monde qui doit réinstaller XP passe immédiatement à SP3 pour éviter de télécharger des correctifs inutiles qui font déja parti de SP3.

En comparaison, j'ai install Xubuntu 8.04.1 et ses correctifs sur un poste virtuel en 20 minutes. Abérrant!

No comments: